RIP Alex. I'm so sick of bullying.

I just found out, maybe 45 minutes ago, that an old friend took his life. I continue to tell myself it isn't true, but every time I look at his profile, I see a new post, telling him how much he was loved. It kills me to hear about someone taking their own life, especially since he was a friend. And when I hear it was because of bullying.

It's been years since I had a real conversation with him. Sometime in the beginning of middle school I'd seen him and talked to him about something random. I probably should have talked to him more since then, but I never did. In elementary we had a few of the same friends, so we would talk a bit. He was very funny and seemed talented even then. On his wall I keep reading how good of a singer he was, and I remember in middle school going to friends concerts or plays and seeing him in them. He was talented.

So why did so many people bully him so much? I cannot begin to grasp the thought of living with oneself after knowing that they practically murdered someone. The thought of someone being bullied so bad that the only escape they can think of is jumping in front of a train, makes me sick. I'd say that I wish the people that bullied him to rot or something like that, but then I'd almost be as bad as them. So instead, I'm just going to remind them that from this day on, they will have to live with looking at themselves in the mirror and remembering that it is because of them that Alex took his own life.
May 24th, 2012 at 05:16am