'New Mibba' and stuff.

So Mibba decided to change their look (obviously).

Love the interface (to an extent), not sure about the layout. Maybe it's because I'm very picky when it comes to shades of blue and honestly, the background blue is somewhat off-putting - but hey, that's my opinion.

While other people are complaining about the whole custom-layouts-for-profile issue, I'm complaining about the shade of blue they used. Haha! I code and design layouts so the fact that the profile custom layouts are made into secondary layouts, it's definitely a let-down.

Let's see. I do miss the reader count for each chapter though. And as for the subscription list, I want it to display when a story I've subscribed to updates. I haven't gotten used to the new layout just yet but honestly, I think there are more pros than cons to the new look – really.

The search function got awesome, the recommending thing sounds great (hey, personally I think it's much more credible than the previous 10-stars-rating thingy) and you can apply custom layouts to a bunch of things now – like blogs! (Actually it's because that you can apply a custom layout for your 'blog' that I decided to post an entry in the first place.)

I can understand why members are 'threatening' to leave Mibba though because of the new look. Sometimes, even I get so critical about the negative part of something that I forget to stop and look at the positive aspects of it all.

So whoever's reading this right now, what say you? Yay or nay to the new Mibba?
May 24th, 2012 at 07:07pm