A Very Merry Unbirthday to You!

I would like to wish to all of those whose Unbirthday is today, a very Merry Unbirthday! To me? To you!

Today is not my Unbirthday, but it just so happens to be my Birthday. My nineteenth to be exact. Why that's, two hundred twenty-eight months. Or six thousand, nine hundred thirty-five days. Also, one hundred sixty-six thousand, four hundred forty hours. Coincidentally, it even happens to be a rather large number of seconds and minutes, which is still an impossibly smaller number compared to others.

Honestly though, I don't feel a day over seventeen. I haven't in the slightest gotten used to being eighteen yet, and another year has passed, turning me into a nineteen year old. Now that I'm nineteen, I'm finally starting to think I'm eighteen. There must be something wrong with my internal age meter, or whatever it is that keeps track of my age. I should have it inspected. Maybe it's broken and I'm in need of a new one. But where does one go to buy something of the sort?

It's funny really, whenever my birthday comes around it doesn't seem like anything special to me, just a day like any other. Except perhaps, that on this one day, I'm recognized and constantly reminded that I have gained one more year to add under my belt. Of course, I'm thankful to have withstood another year, but I don't really feel the need to celebrate or throw a huge party. Is there something wrong with me?

People ask me all the time, 'how does it feel to be (insert age)?' My usual response being, 'I don't know. I don't feel any different.' I'm curious to know if any of you ever feel 'different'? Should I feel different?

I guess I just don't know how to feel on my birthday. I'm assuming it might have something to do with my slightly irrational fear of growing older. Not sure how I developed this fear, but I feel it's somehow crippling to my own, personal growth. Hopefully, I'll manage to get over it and begin to see birthdays for what they really are. Or at least what I believe them to be.

Once again, I would like to wish, A Very Merry Unbirthday to You! Go out and enjoy your special day! You deserve it. (:
May 25th, 2012 at 09:57am