The top 15 reactions to New Mibba (featuring Bella)

So, I went searching for New Mibba reactions.

33 blog pages, their comments, five forum threads and several starsigns later, I tallied up about 40 different reactions given by 213 mibbians, and submitted them to MATH CAT:

Image

...who put them in this lovely format for the curious or bored to peruse. SO what you'll find below is a countdown of the top fifteen reactions to New Mibba, by people such as yourselves. Maybe even you specifically!~

What it is, how many said it, whether there's similar reactions, and as an extra treat, the occasional reactionception of Mibba's own spencer reid. Or bella, as she is known to all the supercool people she lets bug her~

Bella was nice enough to give reactions to the reactions (reactionception~), so that I don't have to there's some snazzy extra stuff to read that isn't rambled on by me.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, here goes the countdown:

TOP 15 REACTIONS TO NEW MIBBA

Joint #14-"It's too conformist"/"It's restricting our creativity" [12 members]
Related: #17-"It's like Facebook now"/"It's not about the writing any more"

This and its related reaction of Facebook comparisons were mostly in reference to the new default profiles/layouts.

Bella: "If anything, Mibba allows even more creativity, it’s just encouraging it in more sensible ways...Yeah you can see what your friends are doing – unless you unsubscribe from them, as you can do – but it’s still very much about writing. We’ve added books, made the story section better, assigned article editors, improved the poem section, and blogs now have to be at least 200 words and will be regulated more. All of these things encourages writing more than anything else. The site has however, outside of this, also added a few features that make it easier to have contact with other members and keep up with what they’re doing. But the main focus is still writing, as it always has been."

Joint #14-"The subscriptions are messy now" [12 members]

Bella: "This is a feature I haven’t checked out yet, because I never subscribe to anything –bad Bella-, but as far as I know, Dujo may still have a few kinks to work on there. Don’t quote me too much on this though, I’m not certain."

Joint #12- "Just change it back to old Mibba" [13 members]
Related:
#27-"This is Quizilla all over again"


Bella: "Yeah, that’s the only thing I basically know isn’t going to happen. The old site wasn’t fully functional and it was very messy and it was hard to handle anything as a staff member. Old Mibba is definitely not coming back, regardless of how many will leave unless it happens. And I think the threatening that’s been going on is the worst, because that doesn’t bring anyone anything good, and no one is going to react well to threats."

Joint #12- "It's more professional"/"It's more professional-looking" [13 members]
Related:
#21-"The mibba girl is kinda creepy"
#25-"I like the new navigation links"
#34-"I like that there's more staff"


Bella: "I agree with this as well. It just feels so much more organized and grown up somehow."

#11- "I like the layouts" [15 members]
Related:
#19-"I don't like the layouts"
#18-"I like the layout maker"
#32-"I don't like the layout maker"


Bella: "Great! Me too. I love making new layouts. Haha."

#10-"Old mibba was fine as it was" [16 members]
Related: #38-"Chat is gone"

Bella: "It really wasn’t. The systems weren’t fully functional, staff couldn’t really do much about reports, and especially the stories couldn’t be regulated as they should. There was a lot of rule breaking that no one could do anything about and a lot of rules didn’t make sense with the features we had. It wasn’t fine, it wasn’t fully functional, but now it is. I get that the issues may have been things regular users simply didn’t see, but they were there, for several years."

#9-"It takes ages to load"/"The site is really slow now" [20 members]

Bella: "This is to be expected, but it won’t be permanent."

#8-"I don't like it!" [23 members]
Related:
#22-"Can't edit some things"
#39-"Too many ads"
#40-"Can't preview some things"


Related reactions would hint at the main specific criticisms, but this reaction at number eight were those reactions not elaborated on, or specified any further than general dislike or hatred for the change.

Bella: "It’s hard as a staff member to deal with this complaint, because we don’t know how to help. We’ve gotten a few reactions about issues that members have had, but where they haven’t said exactly what the issue is. Like “Mibba isn’t even working anymore, I can’t be bothered using it” (not exactly those words, mind). We can’t help with a complaint like that, because we don’t know what isn’t working. Each time we are told of an issue that is happening with the site, we either forward it to Dujo through our own little staff place, or they’ve made it in a thread in the New Mibba section where Dujo himself goes in to read and see if he can fix the bugs and kinks. But if people don’t specify, it’s hard for us to do anything."

More Bella: "I just saw that you can now preview messages. This may mean that you'll be able to preview blogs etc too in the future. We'll see!"

#7-"It's more organised now"/"It's easier to navigate" [26 members]
Related:
#24-"I like the new search feature"
#29-"I like the books section"
#36-"I like the new story section"
#41-"I like the new poem section"


Bella: "This I agree with."

#6-"I don't like the profiles"/"Why are custom profiles to the side?" [27 members]
Related:
#35-"I like the profiles"


Bella: "While I can understand not liking this, I think too many are making it into the biggest deal in the world when it doesn’t have to be that huge. I think it’s extremely fair that people are wondering this and don’t really like the new feature, but so many are expressing it in rage and in rude messages instead of simply putting forward their opinion kindly and reasonably. Some have said that they have a right to be on a website where things are to their liking, but that’s very unreasonable to say since Dujo cannot possibly make sure every single person have it “their” way. But this is the most common issue for us staffers to handle, and usually in the end we have to say “it’s okay for you to make this known to Dujo, but it most likely will not change anything”. It’s not us saying “deal with it”, rudely, but at the end of the day Mibba cannot bend over backwards to make sure everyone’s satisfied. No matter what we do someone is going to be displeased with the result."

#5-"No strong feelings either way" [28 members]
Related:
#20-"It's okay, though some glitches need sorting out"


#4-"I like the new blogs"
Related:
#37-"I don't like the blogs"


1/7th of members math'd at express a liking for the blogs, which is the highest reaction for a specific portion of the site. With only 2 members expressing a specific dislike for the blogs, it seems this is the section where Dujo has found the least criticism.

Bella: "Awesome. I think that when the blog rules are more enforced by staff a few people will be peeved, especially about the 200 word limit. But it’s good that people are liking the feature, it’s one of my favorites as well."

#3-"It's confusing now"/"It's harder to navigate" [40 members]
Related:
#31-"Story stars are gone"
#33-"Don't like the forum layout"


Bella: "I think this is another fair reaction. At the end of the day, until you understand each feature they will confuse you. Even if New Mibba was created to make things simpler, you do have to now the features for them to be simpler."

#2-"I like it!" [59 members]
Related:
#16-"I like the alerts"
#23-"I like the reccomendations"
#26-"I like the tutorials"
#28-"Mibba Magazine is more prominent"
#30-"Story stars are gone"


As with "I don't like it", this reaction was from the people who didn't elaborate any further on why they did like it, though the related reactions would suggest big credit should go to the new sections and features of the site, such as the alerts and blogs.

Bella: "Excellent. –puts fingers together like Monty Burns-"

AND FINALLY, the top reaction from 213 members over the last three days to new mibba, with one third of all tallied members specifying it?

#1-"I need more time to check it out." [75 members]

Bella: "I think this is extremely fair. A lot on Mibba has changed and there’s no surprise that some people need time to check out all the new features to be able to have a more solid opinion. Even I needed that, and I’m staff and have been on it longer."

---
Full list of reactions and bellaceptions can be found here.

Also, for anyone who's curious (or who's managed to read this far), when added up together:
Indifferent/Fence-sitting reactions: 133
Negative reactions: 193
Positive reactions: 201

This has been Sheep, confusing your mind one cell at a time~
May 26th, 2012 at 02:45am