How far I've come. My time on Mibba in retrospect.

"uhm hey?
sooo I used to read the stuff on quizilla but quizilla is so impossible to understand and a lot of writers were moving here.
(and just about when I was gonna start an account on quizilla. darn.)
so now I'm here. And new. I've been tracing out what the stories I'll be writing will be like and blah, etc. So all i have to do is clicky, and voila. you've got story.
But i just realized it's a bit harder than that. Now i actually have to fill it in with words, and so yeah. that's it.
And if you're reading my story, my leads are Tibby Tannenbaum (played by Amber Heard) and Nick Jonas (played by Nick Jonas, obviously.)
Banners would be apprecated. And if you could tell me how to put them up, I'd be grateful.

peace, love, dance, and jonas,
Dani Dangerrr"

Wow. That was my very first journal here on Mibba. I came to Mibba almost...well, who knows how long ago? I was in seventh grade; I had just ended the year and was starting eighth grade. I remember writing stories about the Jonas Brothers and my fears about leaving behind my friends. I remember venting to Mibba about being stabbed in the back by my friends over petty little things and crying over a boy I dated for a week.

Then came high school. I remember being overwhelmed by everything-EVERYTHING. I remember being in love with Shaun White and the winter olympics. I found out who the Frends crew was. I decided I hated the Jonas Brothers. I fell in love several times over with boys who never even spoke to me. I remember being torn between leaving my new school and being afraid to see the girls who had made my life a living hell in elementary school.

Then I was a sophomore. I decided I wanted to be edgier. I cut off all my hair. I started swearing. My humor changed, as did my looks. I figured out that not every boy has to give you a promise ring to be together and that people my age did actually have sex and do drugs. I fell in love with a group of snowboarders and wrote stories about them that were completely unlike them. I wrote my very first original and deleted and reposted several times over. Then I decided I wanted to be a lady, so I grew out my hair and started writing stories about princes and falling in love. Then I decided to write about Harry Potter-more specifically, the Weasley twins. I spent the whole summer on their series.

Then came junior year. I didn't go on Mibba as often. I deleted stories almost as fast as I posted them. I lost the initiative to write. I've tried and tried but I just can't seem to get back into it, and part of me thinks it's just because the stories I want to write aren't applicable to me anymore. I still write, but it's most for my sanity-if I stopped writing, I'd never be able to think properly with all those ideas in my head. I have starts and I have ends, but I have no middles-that's potentially why I'm so bogged down in the first place. (on another note, it's very fitting that it's my tumblr url.) I remember writing about my junior year resolutions. I didn't get my 3.5 gpa. I did get a 27 on the ACT. I did get attention for sports. I didn't do well in ballet. I never got around to posting that original story, even though I am still writing it.

Mibba has been there for me for a lot of times-when I was heartbroken, when I was happy, when I was depressed. It was a place where I could hide my deepest thoughts from the people I knew. Sometimes I'll come on, read a story, and smile. I can't help but feel nostalgic that the new Mibba is up-I remember the very first time I believed the whole "two weeks" thing. Basically, Mibba has seen me grow up. I was on and off with the guy from eighth grade until this year, when I took him to my first prom. Needless to say, we're done forever now. I've made new best friends, I've completely changed.

So I guess this is me trying to say that I'm sort of "retiring" from writing on Mibba. I'm sorry to all of those reading my Peeta and Katniss and my Foxface. It just wasn't in my heart to write anymore.

I can't help but feel somewhat sad that the new mibba is up. Old Mibba was a part of my adolescence that I won't forget; part of me can't even believe that I'm going to be a senior now. When I come to Mibba, I still feel like the incredibly shy thirteen year old dreaming about kissing her favorite rock star. All this time later, I still feel like Dani Danger.
May 26th, 2012 at 03:48am