New Mibba!

I haven't said much about New Mibba yet because I wanted to give it some time - allow myself to browse every nook and cranny and find my way around. Now that I've done that - as much as I can - I can honestly say I love this new version!

Of course, there are things I'll miss (i.e. the star system for stories), but I am excited to see all of the new features. I know Dujo (and everyone else) has worked very hard on the new site, and I have to give them props. They did (are still doing) a good job. For being a one-man team (in regards to being the only person editing the site within), Dujo is more than amazing. I am honestly surprised at how fast he has made some changes.

The site has only been active for three days or so, and already so many changes have been applied. The New Mibba thread has been very helpful to me (and I'm sure others) in figuring out the placement of all our favorite features, as well as all the never before seen ones.

And I love how easily Dujo takes suggestions. I wrote in the aforementioned thread - simply looking for an answer to a question - and Dujo himself answered back that what I was looking for did not exist, but was a good suggestion that he would try to implement.

So, for all those people who are complaining (mostly whining) in the forums and elsewhere, I wonder just why they are complaining. Is it because they don't like change (I am hesitant with change, and can sympathize)? Is it just for the sake of complaining? Are they just doing it for attention? Or do they truly not like ANYTHING this site now has to offer?

I know there are many changes - the look and feel standing out more prominently than anything else - but why can people not just give it a chance? I'm sure there is at least one (if not many) things that they will grow to adore. I know I have.

I think the layout is simplistic and more functional than Old Mibba. I like how easy it is to find everything I'm looking for (after figuring out the new layout, of course). And I love that it is evolving - growing with the times.

Change can be good, people. You just have to embrace it. Learn to love it. Or, with no other argument, just go with it!
May 26th, 2012 at 07:59pm