Devils and Danes have more fun.

Well, I haven't updated in a long time. I actually started working on the next chapter of Asfwert, but I got too busy with class.

My friend got rid of her cancer, by the way. The surgery to remove the tumor from her liver was successful, and her first quarterly check-up showed no problems.

I leave Japan the day after tomorrow. When I first got here, I was pretty miserable. It was a hard adjustment, but now I'm sad to be going.

Especially because I did it again.

Remember Alejandro? The casual fling that did not end well?

I can fairly confidently say that I am over him, and I am over Antonio. However, now I have someone new to get over.

His name is Matthew, and he's from Denmark. I met him entirely by chance. To make a long story short, I got separated from my friends after a night out, and they had my purse. I was an hour train ride from home with no money to pay for transportation. I was wandering around Osaka when I ran into him. I recognized him as a friend of a friend and introduced myself, and he graciously accompanied me home, paying for my train tickets.

Matthew and I have been texting all the time since then (2 weeks ago), and last Friday, we went out together and ended up spending the next 12 hours together. Then he kissed me on the bus ride home.

We spent all day yesterday together too, just laying next to each other on my futon and talking. We can literally talk for hours, no problem at all. I feel like I've skipped that awkward part of getting to know someone straight to where you feel really comfortable around them. We have crazy good chemistry. I haven't felt this connected to someone since Antonio, and honestly, I never thought I'd feel that way again about anyone.

Oh yeah, but I'm leaving on Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure Matthew doesn't intend to turn this into a long-distance thing. I guess that's for the better, but these past few days I've spent with him have been amazing.

Why do I always do this to myself?
May 27th, 2012 at 03:04am