Three days later; the changing reaction to New Mibba. With PIE!

Yes, I really do mean it, PIE!

Yesterday I passed some time going through blogs and a bit of the forum to find the top 15 reactions to New Mibba, with help from our good friend bella.

But I was bored again today, so I did it again. More blogs. More posts. And PIE charts to come later.

First, here is the new top 15 reactions to mibba. The reactions of 322 mibba members, taken from looking through 60 pages of blog and 12 pages of forum search.

105 members-"I like it!"
100 members-"I need more time to check it out"
67 members- "It's confusing"
45 members- "Don't like the new profiles"/"Why are custom profiles to the side?"
42 members- "Blogs are cool"
42 members- "I don't like it"
39 members- "It's really slow to load up"
37 members- "It's more organised now"
28 members- "The new layouts are cool"
28 members- Neutral/Indifferent
24 members- "The old site was fine as it was"
18 members- "Change it back"
17 members- "It's more professional"/"It looks more professional"
15 members- "It's like Facebook now"/"It's not about the writing any more"
15 members- "The mibba girl is scary"


But because I was feeling extra neurotic, I also wrote down the day these reactions were given. Whether it be on the day new mibba launched, the second day, the third, or 'today' (I started this about eight hours ago so the today is a touch relative). And the results were a little fun, so without further ado, STEVE BRING ON THE FIRST PIE chart:

Image


This shows the top eight mibbian reactions on the first day of New Mibba. [There's a typo-'ProfilesB' is meant to say 'Profiles (dislike)'] As you can see, the most frequent reaction of the day was 'I need more time to check it out', or, 'I'll get used to it'. Second place is 'I like it', followed by the reactions of 'It's confusing' and 'it's taking ages to load'

Surprisingly enough, 'I don't like it' came in joint 8th position for the day, and so just missed a place here.

And now to the results, one day into the new site:

Image


Again, "Need more time", "I like it" and "It's confusing" coming in first, second and third. Indeed, only two of the top eight reactions are negative, and account for just shy of 1/5 of the total. Also notice the massive drop in members since the launch? Almost half that of the launchday, only 107 mibbians aired their thoughts on day 2.

And on day 3...

Image


It drops to 37 people. Y'see, for all the brouhaha, the whole 'give it time' mantra seems to be true, especially as only three people say they needed more time on day 3. That bumps 'I like it' and 'Confusing' to first and second, while more mibbians were pointing out glitches for the staff and Dujo to try and fix for the next day. Again, the negative reactions account only for a third of the total in this piechart.

And finally, today:

Image


"Confusing" took the top position for today, but if you notice, the only other negative reaction that hit the top eight was in dead last place, the rest of the pie filling with praise for the blogs, layouts, and new structure of the site.

---
(real talk, I don't care this much, I just needed something to do for eight hours and this was a successful time-eater. PIE~)

"Give it time", while an irritating mantra, is true. Just by the stats, there were a lot fewer complaints, the further away you got from the launch. But hey, there were a lot less positive reactions as well. And a lot less neutral ones. Really, people stopped talking about it all that much at all.

New Mibba gets a little less new every single day. People started settling in and getting comfortable.

And it's also true that people never really mention when they're content. People never really feel a need to turn to their bro and say "Hey, this is alright, isn't it?"

Because that person would then lose a bro. Because that is a SILLY REASON to interrupt the game...the mighty game of life.

Or, in the case of that making no sense at all, here's one last chart so you can see what I mean.

Image


Just hang in there, y'all. Soon New Mibba will become Mibba again and we'll all find some minor glitch to complain to Dujo about.~
May 28th, 2012 at 02:50am