Well It Sure Has Been a Long Time.

Gosh, I can't really fathom when the last time I spent a good chunk of my time on Mibba. It seems like an eternity. Yes I have had my journal entry (or are they blog posts now?) here and there, but other than that I really have not been active here and it makes me sad. I promise to change that!

A lot has happened in the past year or so. Today, the 27th of May, marks exactly one year since I graduated high school. It really does not seem that long ago to be honest. With that, I just finished my first year of college and I passed all of my classes which makes me a happy camper. I am one step closer in becoming a music journalist! It's so crazy, I'm not even done with college and I have all ready received a job offer, but I did not take it. Why? The answer is simple. I really do not have much experience with being a journalist. The classes I am taking now are the first and only experience I have with the subject and personally, I do not feel ready to start working just yet. I want to get just a little more experience before I make any final decisions with my career.

I had a great college experience, though I did have a pretty tough month right when April came around. It actually got to the point to where I could not keep food down and I thought that I was getting depressed. Needless to say, my grades suffered a little bit because of that.

Now that I am entering into my sophomore year I am ready to make some changes. If I feel that I cannot handle a certain professor, I will withdraw from the class and find a new one. It is really not worth it if I cannot understand what is going on. I will make more time for studying and doing my homework. Again, I really do not want to wait till the last minute to get things done. I want to do the best that I can and I want as much time to work on it as possible.

It just blows my mind that my first year in college is complete. People really were not lying when they said treasure your college experience because it will be over before you know it.
May 28th, 2012 at 04:46am