I'm A Flower Power Girl

Okay it has been one of these nights again.
I attended a hippie flower power party last night, and I had a blast!
Not only did I win a prize for the best hippie outfit, I had been smoking three joints, emptied a bottle of wine, drank two other liquors and after that...more wine.

I was in a warp zone of peace and happiness.
The music they played were all sixties songs and I even started to believe I actually was a hippie. How I got home.. I've got no idea.
All I know was that I was living in a world of sounds and colours the entire evening and I was having a lot of fun singing along the songs I knew.
Swaying to the music, smoking and drinking, giggling like mad about the most stupendous things...
Oh yeah I was drunk. :)

The prize I won turned out to be a glittering lava lamp and it's fucking amazing.
When we got home, and I still don't know how I got from one point to another, we turned it on and just stared at it for half an hour.
It was hypnotizing.. Wonderful.

I wore my mothers' dress. She was a hippie herself back in the sixties.
Meaning that the dress is about 50 years old.
Isn't it awesome that after all these years the dress still exists?
When my mother dies, I'm going to keep the dress, showing it to my children and explain that their grandmother used to walk bare feet wearing that.

Of course I had a set of John Lennon glasses on my nose.
They're just awesome.
That I couldn't see a shit through them the entire evening didn't matter to me.
I'm drinking coffee right now, trying to get the awful taste out of my mouth.
It was a wonderful night.
I should do it again sometime.

Image

Peace.
May 29th, 2012 at 11:40am