Internship

I started internship last week. I'm enjoying it so far because my supervisor is encouraging and down to earth. Many of the other employees are nice too.

I'm doing internship in video editing. Seriously, at first I was scared that they put me in television because that is an area I do not focus on. I mainly focus on writing and radio. Well, since Monday I've been doing a lot of video editing and I'm surprised my supervisor says I work fast (I'm a beginner). I'm really happy that I'm progressing, but there is a problem.

There are two guys that come in for the afternoon shift. They're loud, like seriously loud, and they talk a lot. I'm trying to get my work done and these two guys are playing loud music, looking at facebook, and talking loudly with each other about persons who they know and what they did in high school. You're at work, please behave in an orderly fashion.

Today I was editing and listening to the audio because it was recorded low. While adjusting the audio they were talking to a girl via webcam. I honestly don't know why the volume on their computer had to be so high. Why do you want me to hear the conversation you are having with a girl, the conversation isn't even appropriate? Use your headphones or borrow one if you don't have. One of the guys shouted so loudly that the sound literally hit my head and I began having a headache. I had to tell them twice to turn down the volume (for their music and the webcam conversation). My supervisor was kind enough to say 'the intern can't work in so much noise.' I'm so grateful for him.

I'm not bashing but whenever you're in a work environment please behave properly and have concern for other persons you're working in the same space with.
June 1st, 2012 at 05:26am