"Why is this title in dialogue?" "Why don't you find out?"

AKA: Stranger advice, Free Hugs, and handy segues.

About an hour ago, I had this conversation with a guy at the bus stop:
---
"Excuse me...you like her, don't you?"
"Pardon?"
"Your friend. You like her. You should just tell her, you know. If you treat her like a friend, you'll be friends. If you treat her like she's more than that, and she feels the same way, you might find you get what you want."
"Heh. We're really just friends, but thanks for the advice."
"While I'm there; don't put your hands in your pockets when you're talking to someone...ahaha, you just did it again!"
"That is strange...but this feels strange"
"Your self-esteem will go up if you manage to do the little things you're not quite comfortable with, you know. Baby steps mate, just ba-crap, flag that bus?"
"Sure....hey, what's your name?"
"James."
"Cheers for the advice, James. Have a good one."

---
No idea who James was, never saw him before, and yet he gave me life advice. It might read a little strange on text, but it's put me in a pretty good mood ever since.

But more importantly, it gave me the segue I needed to pimp out this writing contest!

Two people, one table. You can add whatever you want to that starting point, write about whatever y0u want, have the characters do whatever you want. The catch? The whole story is dialogue only. No narration at all. Just like that bus conversation was~

Two people, one table, no narration. Everything else is yours to decide. So go check it out if y'all feel like it~

--
The idea of starting a conversation with someone I don't know seems alien to me, but probably because I'm rather antisocial~
But for some reason this guy made me think of the Free Hugs man, who just walked around his town centre giving free hugs to any and all who wanted it. The kindness of strangers is a weird and wonderful thing. Were I a social being, I'd totally do it more, just because generally, people don't mind a little bit of positivity in their atmosphere. Good karma breeds itself, like no-one in particular says.

QVESTIONS.
Have any of you guys ever had a conversation with a total stranger? Or started one?
Would you get a free hug, were one offered?
If you walked around your town with a "FREE _____" sign, what would you fill the gap with? Hugs? Sweets? Vengeance murder?~
If you could go out to dinner with anyone, from any time, what would you order?
Is this the funniest football video you've seen today? If not show me a funnier one, ah dare you~
June 3rd, 2012 at 07:13pm