Katsumi Tells All: Man On A Ledge

Its that time again, where I tell you good people of Mibba all about movies and such, todays fine specimen of a movie is man on a Ledge

Man On A Ledge stares, Elizabeth Banks (The Hunger Games) Sam Worthington (Avatar) Jamie Bell(the Adventures of TinTin) Anthony Mackie(The adjustment burro)

In this movie we’re following the story of Nick Cassadie and his quest to prove how innocent he is and the man is willing to go through any links he needs to in order to prove that he’s innocent… That includes jumping so many stories of a building and inevitably falling to his death.
The movie starts off a bit odd but we quickly learn whats going on that Nick is in Prison but is soon let out and a day ‘trip’ (I know there is no such thing but we’re calling it that to not give spoilers away) and that’s when things pick up and fast might I add.

When it comes to pacing this movie has no problem in keeping the pacing at the right speed, and the speed they used was great they make it to where the important stuff is slowed down just a tad but that’s just so we have time to let the information we’ve learned sink in, and then we’re right back to the action.

For a movie that a good part of it, is done with a man and a woman conversing while he’s standing on a ledge obviously, that’s where the name of the movie comes from. Its clear early on the man has no plans on jumping and soon we’re introduce to his true motives..

As the movie goes on you’re able to really get a feel for this Nick, unlike in most movies where you have not time to care what happens or not, you do for Nick his character at first comes off as brazen and some one who just doesn’t care but as the movie goes on we see a whole new side your able to tell he’s been well developed.

Shortly after he’s on the ledge we get to meet the people who are helping him prove he’s innocent, and these two are our comic relief, and their kind of entertaining but not all that much which is good because this film isn’t supposed to be funny, its supposed to be intense, which it is through the whole film as we build up to what you would hope would be a climatic ending.

The end is where the movie really kind of blows goat (Inset male part here not sure if that is allowed so inset it here) We go from this really intense awesome would be ending to this kind of anti-climatic ending that is all happy and mush which this movie hasn’t been at all really..

If action, with a bit of comedy, with a hint of could lead to a romance, and deparation, corruption, then this my friends is a movie for you… I’d give this movie a grade B+ for lacking an ending that was well lacking if they’d have kept all the feelings and intensness up through the whole thing it would have gotten a better grade.

This film has mild language, some violence, and particial nudity, if you’ve a young child at home and don’t want them seeing or hearing such things I’d suggest you waited till they was sleeping or else where from the house before putting this in the DvD Player… But if you’re okay with kids or seeing this stuff yourself, I’d say rent it and have a family night cause this film is entertaining enough for the whole family.

Much <3 Katsumi (Kat)
June 6th, 2012 at 12:08pm