A Favour To Ask All You Mibbians.

Probably 90-99% of you will look at this and think "Aww" but not do anything. Some of you wont even do that. But I thought it was worth a shot.

You see my hamster's not well. In fact over the last couple of days. He's a Roborovski Dwarf Hamster and this year he's four years old. They're only supposed to live until they're two at the max but now he's four.

A few months ago he got a cyst. A fatty lump that wasn't cancerous but would still grow. It wasn't a bad thing and so the vet, our close personal friend, said that eventually he would let us know when the time is and we'll bring him in to be put to sleep. Now this cyst got bigger quite quickly then stopped growing. A few days ago I noticed a small cut on it from where he had caught it when washing. It's between his front right leg and his back right leg so made him hobble a bit but he's fine.

Now that cut's gotten bigger and it bled a lot but we cleaned it and the actual wound is only small . My Mum used to be a Veterinary Nurse so we cleaned the wound, put some savalon on him and dressed it in bandages. Tomorrow, well today I guess, he goes to the vets to see Ceri our vet. She'll do what she can for him and give us her honest opinion. When she says it's time then I can completely trust that there is nothing she thinks will help him what so ever and that it is actually time.

But I have a favour to ask of all you readers. He's not really got that much energy in him at the moment but he's still fighting and as long as he does I will. I know you're probably thinking that he's just a hamster, that it's stupid I'm this bothered by it and that I can just get another one. But you're wrong. For those of you who have had pets you'll know they become part of your family and you'll want to do anything to help them and make sure they don't suffer. He's not suffering. He's a happy little hamster just a bit weak and hobbly due to his age and the fact that he's lost some blood.

I would like to ask those of you who are religious to keep Weeble in your prayers tonight even though you don't know me. And for those of you who aren't, like myself, I would like you to keep him in your thoughts or at least take a moment to hope he gets better. I'd appreciate it a lot. I'm not gonna get angry or upset if you don't. It'd just be nice to know someone else is out there hoping he pulls through as well.

He's a good little hamster who hasn't done anything wrong and he's still staying strong for us.

I'll update about him when I have some news tomorrow. Thank you those who bothered. :) -Emily xx

Image
Weeble in his prime. :D
June 7th, 2012 at 01:44am