Anyone Want a Editor/Beta Reader? + Some Other Stuff.

Recently a friend of mine asked me for help on the opening line of a story she just started. I remembered after helping her out how much I love "editing."
So, I want to do more of it. I took copy-editing last semester in college, so as far as grammar, and mechanics I know what I'm doing. I also now have an annoying tendency to notice typos, all the time.

That being said. I want to help YOU. I want to read stuff, and tell you how to better it. I want to help you fix your grammar and mechanics. I want to fix your typos, and tell you why not to use the same word twice in two sentences. I want to tell you that words aren't needed because they're implied. I want to help you be a better writer.

So, if anyone wants someone to read their work and help them improve it I'm game. I have only a few conditions.
I'm good with any kind of story, including fan fiction, but it would be best if it was something I'm interested in/know something about so I can be more helpful. I'll honestly read anything, but I think that if you ask me to edit a Jonas Brothers story my edits won't be as good as say, if I was editing an A7X story or a Harry Potter story, because I'm more familiar with those two. So I guess the trick to that is just to ask me? I don't know how to handle that because if I were to try to make a list there's no doubt I'd miss something.

I feel like I'm writing a dating ad or something. But really. Give me something to do. Add some crazy to my already crazy life. Warning on that: I have a job, and a boyfriend, and a volunteer gig for a festival and that takes up some of my time. So, there are times when I won't be able to get things back to you instantly. But we can still make it work.

On another note. I hate when I eat breakfast because then I'm hungry for the rest of the day. Stupid breakfast.
And I'm writing a new story. Maybe it'll be up, maybe it won't.
We'll have to see.
June 7th, 2012 at 03:30pm