My Opinion On The News

One of the saddest things about the news is not what they show but the people who watch it. 

I'm not talking about entertainment news but actual stories from around the world. About things like politics, the recession and wars. I'm sure a lot of people watch it, and well, right now they are showing reports about Syria and are showing things like dead bodies and fighting. And not just a small fight you would see in a playground but huge wars, yet you don't even look away. They show dead bodies and you don't even flinch. They show houses being burnt to the ground and you keep listening to what they are saying. And why is that? Because it is just something you always see, seeing things like that on TV is normal to you. It's the fact that someone could be dying on this screen in front of you, but it doesn't really bother you. I find it strange that people even want to keep watching it and want to sit down and eat their tea on a night hearing about everything bad in the world. Doesn't it make you think about what mindset we actually have if we don't mind seeing things like this? And doesn't it show what sort of world we live in when this is a regular thing?
June 7th, 2012 at 07:42pm