Gay? I Think Not .

I am sick of it.

Everywhere I go nowadays, I'm hearing about certain sports and certain people being bashed about being gay. For instance, if you see a male cheerleader, or just the sport of rugby, which, by the way, is my #1 favorite sport, next to soccer.

If you see a male cheerleader, who are YOU to talk? So what if he's a guy? So what if he's a cheerleader? Cheerleaders are supposed to be just girls? Um, NO. Stereotype much?

What I'm trying to say is that stereotyping is getting out of hand. In this generation, people are practically being taught that cheering is for girls, rugby is for boys, only girls can do this, only guys can do that. Just the other day, I heard some white chick (no racism intended) tell her friend that 'Of course that girl is pregnant, she's Hispanic.' A Hispanic girl, pregnant, had walked by.

Being Hispanic, this infuriated me. And I have anger issues. Like, serious ones. A white girl can get pregnant too! Just because someone is a certain race DOES NOT mean she's more obliged to get knocked up.

And rugby. I hear people say that rugby is gay for men. You know why? Because in a scrum, players hold on to other player's shirts', and they form a huddle. How on earth is that gay? Being in America, when a person hears rugby, their first reaction is either 'Huh?', 'That sport sucks' or 'That sport's gay, it's a rip-off of football, football is a better sport.' First of all, rugby players are more men than football players, seeing that they have the cojones to play a contact sport with NO protection gear whatsoever but a mouthpiece and muscle. Oh, and when people here that I, a girl, play rugby, they think that rugby isn't for girls.

Now, you can imagine how mad I got.

Just because more men play rugby, or more girls cheer, or Hispanics get pregnant more often that white people (I'd like to see that statistic, if I may, to see if that's even true) doesn't mean that it applies to everybody. If a guy who cheers is, in fact, actually gay, then dude, ROCK ON! Be yourself! People bash on you because they think their own petty lives suck unless they make fun of people.

People sometimes call me a transvestite because I play 'guy' sports, and I dress in 'girly' clothes. A few months ago, a 'friend' of mine said that I wanted to be a boy because I didn't dress like a girl. Well sorry if I didn't know there was a dress code for your specific gender. Last time I checked, America was free (for the most part).

Guy cheerleaders are not gay. If they are, leave them the hell alone. Girl rugby players, or football players, or baseball or basketball players or any type of 'guy' sport player is probably playing because she likes the sport, not because she wants to be a dude.

Next time you diss somebody because they're doing something a person of their gender usually doesn't do, I suggest you re-evaluate yourself and think what you're going to say. Do you know this person's life story? Do you know what their home lifestyle is? No? So SHUT UP and leave them alone. Bullying actually hurts.

I suck at conclusions, so yeah. This is how I'm ending.
June 9th, 2012 at 05:54am