When writing contests die / Would you enter this contest?

I've been spending a lot of time on the Writing Contests section of Mibba, and while I do adore it, I'm kind of sad at the outcome of my latest contest. I had a lot of interest for it and a lot of people entered, but by the due date, only one person had submitted anything to read. This was really disappointing. :/

I mean, I'm not mad at anyone, but now I'm worried about what to do with that one entry. I suppose that person automatically wins first place, but I know as a contestant that I would be really sad to find out I'd gotten first place because there was no other option. It's actually a very good story that she wrote, too, and I don't know how to make that clear.

Sigh.

I was thinking about doing another contest though, regardless, and I was wondering if you guys would think it's a good idea. See, I like filmmaking a lot, and I like making little short films.

Do you think people would be interested in a contest where the Grand Prize was a filmed minimovie of their oneshot? I was thinking about simply posting pictures of the people I have available for actors and letting them do whatever they please (keeping in mind that I have, pretty much, just ordinary settings to work with such as in a house or at a school or in a forest or a mall. Obviously I can't film anything inside, say, Hogwarts or Camp Half-Blood).

What do you guys think? Would you be into it?
June 12th, 2012 at 02:35am