Getting Up Early Counts As Being Productive, Right? Also Sickness and Stories.

Today I was briefly all proud of myself, because I got up earlier than usual all set to go down to the job center and try and find myself some part-time work for over the summer. Unfortunately for me, productivity wasn't meant to be a thing today. Around half an hour after I got up, my legs suddenly came out in the most terrifying rash. It was crazy - the spots were little red bumps that looked like goosebumps but wouldn't go away no matter how much I rubbed at them, and it itched like hell. Then my legs went all purple and splotchy and I got terrified that I had some horrific zombie-causing virus or something like that.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, I then got flu-like symptoms too, and for a while I thought it was chickenpox but it didn't spread, so it couldn't have been that. Mum said it looked like an allergic reaction, though we haven't quite worked out what it was that caused it yet.

At least I tried, though. Right? I had every intention in getting up and going to the job center, it wasn't my fault that I ended up beached on the couch with diseaseitis instead.

There was one advantage, though, and that's that I got some writing done. I'm expecting to be able to post the second chapter of Francesca's Promise within the next couple of days. It's a nice classic horror story which is turningout to be slightly more complex than I originally thought, though I doubt it'll get past five chapters. If you like horror and revenge and creepy kids and all that stuff, you might wanna check it out. Meanwhile, I'll be over here trying not to scratch like I've got fleas or something.
June 12th, 2012 at 02:43am