Rewrites and having a social life.

I've been going through my laptop today and stumbled across a folder entitled "Stories" - it contains over fifty stories that I've started over the past five years but not gotten to finish. The last time any of the folders were edited was last June meaning back when I was homeless and the only entertainment I had was writing fan fiction...

I'm starting to think once I've gotten all my chaptered stories finished I'll give one or two of them at a go. I mean, it's not that I didn't love these stories it's just, when I was writing them I was living in a homeless shelter and everyone just got so dark.

I wrote Believe With Me when I was in the shelter last year and honestly, the story becomes so dark and twisted after around chapter thirteen that it actually worries me.

I just hope that I'll find some inspiration with these stories I've discovered because some of them have ace plot lines and are pretty well written so far.

-

Up until October, I didn't really have what you'd call a "social life". I was quite content with just being a full time college student, part time youth worker and a part time Tesco worker.

And then I got into gig photography and suddenly, I had a buzzing social life.

Sometimes though, I just wish it would stop. I can't go out for a drink with my gigging friends on a Friday night without them all expecting me to have my camera with me, I can't go to gigs without having bands begging me to do their live shots (which they never pay for me or even give me some merch for but use anyway) or just people who come up to me and mention how much they love my photography.

I'm an eighteen year old girl who just wants to be able to sit out in the smoking area of her favorite local venue with a fag between her lips and a bottle of cheep liquor cradled in her hand without people just asking me about my photography. I swear that's all that I have going for me, not the fact I have a creative mind or that I'm a Christian, ect.

I just hope that someone day, someone will see me as more then just a photographer and wants to be friends with me for me.
June 16th, 2012 at 08:53pm