So Sick of Mibba Cliches

All right so I've been trying to check out new stories on here, and so far I've found a lot of great ones, but some are just down right annoying.

Let me get one thing straight, I LOVE FanFiction! But come on can it get anymore cliche?

The one and and only Band FanFiction I like is Avenged Sevenfold, because for one, their music is actually pretty good, and that's coming from a die hard country fan.

But it sucks to see the same starting plot in a lot of the A7X fanfiction: Teenage girl goes to her favorite bands concert which happens to be A7X, they somehow how meet, she swears she doesn't believe in love, yet ends up falling hopelessly in love, spills her life story to these strangers the second she meets them, and let's not forget her personality: all black clothing, only shops at Hot Topic, calls pop music shitty music, and wears nothing but skinny jeans, and she's also an outcast.

?????

Why?

First of all, not all pop music is shitty, some of it is actually pretty good.

Second, why all black? Why is color suddenly a gift from hell?

And you know, there are other stores other than Hot Topic.

And why is she always an outcast? Now with how popular emo and sceene is getting, it doesnt really seem like they would be an outcast.

Ugh. All right, my rant is over. Sorry. It's just annoying. And I do realize that there is a lot of really really good fanfiction that isn't so cliched, it's just that I seem to be seeing all the cliched ones lately.
June 17th, 2012 at 03:08am