Somebody versus Nobudy

I'm so tired of being compared to something.
Especially when that 'something' is someone I talk to everyday, someone whom I love, and someone who I probably couldn't live without; or at least that's what I believe.

I am nothing. I don't usually compare things, not at all. I hate materialistic things, and people that revolve around them. She is half and half, she likes to indulge, but not a lot. You can tell, sometimes by her glance that she is turning her nose up.

I am so tired of being held up to the image of someone, when I am nothing. I know how she acts on the inside, she's just like everyone else, she questions herself, and her motives; she sometimes doesn't think much of herself. On the outside, she is many things, she is important. She has a social life, she has a lot of friends, and a happy wealthy family.

I'm not trying to compare myself, but it's hard not to when you're dating her.
We're two different people, but when I look in the mirror, she reminds me of everything I am not.

Sometimes, I just really wonder what she sees in me, a hippie, a chill caring, sensitive, funny, weird person?

Well, the point is, she is a somebody and I'm a nobody.
June 18th, 2012 at 05:50am