3 Hour Car Ride?

Normally that's a piece of cake for me. Three hours? Ha, I drove to and from Chicago, Illinois by myself starting out in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Didn't need anyone to keep me company. Which is maybe why I'm freaking out while simultaneously becoming more and more excited about this certain 3 hour car ride.

There's this guy I met at a party last summer, and the only reason we didn't kiss or have sex was because he had a girlfriend. A girlfriend that he doesn't have anymore. Well we started texting and at first it was like tense conversation. Our "friendship" didn't really work out, but we recently started texting again and it seems more relaxed, I feel more at ease. It's easier for me to text him and ask him to hang out or, you know, drive 3 hours to Detroit with me.

...which if fujifilm reimburses him for destroyed film, we will. He asked them for gas money to get back to Detroit to re-take the pictures. If they give him that check, we're good to go. We're Detroit bound...even though we've only hung out twice, once completely drunk and once slightly high while watching a movie. I'd seen him twice other than that, but we didn't really talk because it was at his soccer game.

My sister thinks we should start off somewhere closer because we don't really know each other, but whatever. We don't think so, obviously. He digs Detroit, I've never really been. I've kind of been, but not deep detroit. Like outskirts to go to a concert. He says it's awesome and I don't doubt that it is, I"m super stoked. We should probably go after July 12th, though, since I'll be done with my first semester of college.

I'm equally excited to get some old building pictures and to spend a day with him so we can really get a feel for each other.
June 19th, 2012 at 12:12am