Philosophy: Lewology

Hi everyone, I'm Josey and this is my blog, obviously. I'd like to focus on philosophy but I usually get a little bored with blogs so be sure to keep me on-task and updating! Also, the one thing I love more than philosophy is discussing it with others, so if you want me to address a topic or if you have something to say about my post, PLEASE, say it.
Just a little disclaimer, philosophy is a touchy subject so I'm going to try not to offend anyone, but if I do, please tell me and I'll be sure to avoid that again and in the comments, please try not to offend anyone either.

Okay, so let's get started. Today I'd like to introduce to the world LEWOLOGY. Lewology is a theology that my friend created and I named. We explore nearly every religion and every religious text from the bible to the Tao Te Ching and Conversations With God. The point of Lewology, like most religions, is to find Truth, but not to be right or wrong, but to experience what we see as Truth. Notice I capitalize Truth? Because I want to emphasize it as a specific thing. It's universal. It's important. And since I love Socrates and Socrates would ask me to define Truth, I'll define it for you. After all, how can you experience something if you don't know what you're looking to experience? Well, I suppose you can, but you can't do it with anyone else because they probably have a different definition, so you're not experiencing the same thing. Okay, back to the definition. Truth, as I see it, is togetherness. If you are with someone and in a real relationship where the focus is not on the betterment of one or the other, but of the relationship as a whole, you can find Truth. Questions? Comments? Let's hear it!
June 19th, 2012 at 10:49pm