Failed my driving test, lucky number, best day ever :]

I don't think anyone noticed but I've been away from mibba for a while not drastically long but maybe a month or so? Idk. But it's been long enough. I'm not here to say I'm back or anything cause I come and go with out saying much of anything but tonight I have news and have reached a huge mile stone in life.

Yesterday, er well it's almost 2 AM so I guess the day before yesterday, I failed my drivers test. It was horrible... Not like I was a horrible driver or killed someone it was just a horrible feeling. Plus I only failed the test by 1 point. If I had done one less thing wrong I'd have passed. These are the things I did wrong: I went 45 in a 40 mph zone she said I only sped once and she thinks it was just my nerves first starting out

second thing was she said after changing lanes I waited too long to cancle my blinker

Third thing was I grazed the curb during parallel parking,

Fourth thing was at one of the stop signs she would have preffered me to creep up more than I already did

The fifth and last thing that put me over the top was at the very end when we where going back to the DMV you have to cross an intersection then quickly get in to the center turning lane, literally only have like 5 seconds if that, and I did that part fine but I was a little too high up in the lane and when you turn in there are 3 lanes 1 is oncoming traffick and 2 are the normal forward ones I turned in to the far right lane when I should have turned in to the left middle lane.

So I almost wish I had missed more things because it feels some how worse to fail just by one cause it's just so close! The test itself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would feel like the drive went on for hours I thought the instructors/testers would be these uptight cold old people that just didn't like you no matter what. I thought they would scowl tge whole tome and use sassy tones as the scrutinize your very soul! But the drive seemed quick I was surprised how fast it felt. The instructor was nice and cheerful we even had a little conversation about her son and graduating high school and college. When I made mistakes she didn't yell at me on the spot, make disgruntled faces, or even write on tge clip board in an obvious impatient manner. It was all very polite. At the end sge didn't sound harsh as she gave me her assessment she almost felt bad that I didn't pass.

She felt like I was so ready she insisted I came in the next day and try to be on stand by in case someone missed their appointment I would get to take their spot. So we did that and also schedualed an official appointment for Tuesday. Well we went in today and the lady at the desk was being sort of a huffy pants saying how we shouldn't be there and no spits would open. Then the lady from before pulled some string and in like 6 minutes I was up to test again. I got a different instructor her name was Daina she was short blond and plump, very matter of fact and cheery. You could tell sge wanted to get things done, I don't mean that in a rushed way but like I said she was just very direct and knew what was what. I didn't go down the same rout or anything but I got that last turn back in to the DMV perfect this time, I passed with flying colors an almost perfect score 96% This is the only thing I missed:

On an old road there are two lanes going in the same direction, then there's a break or gap in the road you know where other streets intersect but no stop lights or anything, well during this break the road I'm on and the road in front of me aren't aligned it's crooked. What I did wring was I'm in the left lane and I keep following the road straight instead of slanting which means once I cross the intersection I'm now in the right lane. She said that was tricky cause the road was old and the lines where worn out but she says there are a lot of crooked streets like that down town and to watch out. But everything else was perfect :)

To think one day I fail and the next day I pass. I was even more pressured the next day cause the first time if you fail it's like a free pass but if you keep failing a second a third etc time each time just gets worse and worse like WHY ARENT YOU IMPROVING!! I was so worried I was like "dad what if I become one of those people that knows all the DMV workers cause I've been here so many times!?" but now that mile stone has passed and I could not even be happier. This is even better than the day my name change was finalized.

There was this weird lady in front of me when I took my picture that kept telling my dad he should put a tracking device in my car WTF lady I'm an adult you dont know my life who are you? But even that didn't kill my mood. I was happy to get a new ID picture cause the last one.... Yeeaaaah >.> I wasn't even deflated when dad pointed out I have a pimple I was like -FUNK YOU PIMPLE!! *punches it in the nut sack* I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!! Even with that it will still be a better picture.

Dad and I had joked before both tests that the DMV paid random people to jay walk and shizz in the testing area to see what the drivers do. I'm not saying it's true but after taking both tests and the amount of random walkers both times... I do wonder. Like the first time I hot a really old man randomly crossing the street. Then later on I get the green light to go as I'm doing a turn and then suddenly this chick rolling a baby stroller decides now is the perfect time to run across the street. Like that is just too coincidental >.< Then the next test there was some random DMV lady walking back and forth in front of me... Like sge wasn't looking for her car or anything she was just walking wherever I was driving. And then I got 1 normal walker and a jay walker out on the streets. Again, I'm not saying anything fir sure just putting it out there lol.

All in all greatest day ever. And the greatness doesn't stop there. Not only did that happen but it happened on the 20th and 20 happens to be my lucky number that just seems like a good omen. Not only that but I got an Oreo milk shake, I helped dad pick cherries from our tree, they where delicious, AND lol the cherry on top was that I finished a really good book!!! You get a really good feeling from reading a good book no matter what but on top of tge rest... you really just can't beat that. I've been away from mibba mostly from house work and stuff but also cause I've been reading more actual novels. I have 63 books not including books of music and I have 5 books I have not read, two are philosophy books I've only read half way, the rest are Stephen king books. These past few days I have finished off 5 other books I had not read 4 where historical fiction the one I finished today was a romantic psycological thriller.

After so many years of going with the flow I finally feel like I have control of my life. After my name change getting a liscence was the only factor holding me back in life. Now I can get a job and save for college and help take care of my family and help dad pay the bills. Now... I can start to live. I can start to acomplished all my dreams. This one little thing to other people is so huge for me it's the gateway to living my life, REALLY living MY LIFE! Not just sitting at home in control of nothing but house hold chores and fittness, finally I cam get out there and do things and go places and LIVE!!

Tomorrow I job hunt. Parents say to go to stores first like wall mart block buster wallgreens etc they said after wait a few weeks and then do fast food as a last resort. I don't really understand what they have against fast food jobs but who cares I just want a job. After a job it's all about saving, paying bills, keeping up with chores, and going back to TKD classes. It will all be here before I know it but it still seems far. Tomorrow I go out for my first drive alone I'm nervous but confident.... Mostly cause I know the area pretty well but if I where to be driving farther from home I'm screwed heh ^-^;

I almost feel bad though cause I feel like I sucked the positive energy out of my friends. I had this super awesome day and one friends been having bad luck all day and even stubbed his toe to the nail ripping off, and the others grandma fell and is in the hospital. So there is a down side to this day but I hope it goes better for them soon.

OMG YOU GUYS!!! .... I'm alive :]
June 21st, 2012 at 11:41am