That awful feeling when...

You just keep getting the feeling that your friend doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore. It's just above misplacing your flashdrive (for me that's pretty tragic...). It's not like I hadn't seen this coming (my friend, not my flashdrive), but it still hurts nonetheless. She's been separating herself from me for a while.

We've been friends for a few years, and we got along really well. We'd talk all the time, write together, text. And now? She seems too busy to even give me the time of day. I feel like I'm the only one putting effort into our friendship.

I'll text her to tell her hello, or I'll text her some witty joke, or just text her to tell her something else, and I get back a one word reply. ONE WORD. That's one of my pet peeves, because I never know how to answer to one word replies. It's just...ugh. She only seems to care when she's talking about what's going on in her life, and that in it self is hurtful.

If we haven't talked for a while, she'll text me and ask why we haven't talked in a while. And at times I just want to say something along the lines of "texting works both ways," but I never do...
It's really frustrating because I don't want to come out and actually say anything because I don't want to upset her, but on the other hand I kind of do...I think... I don't know exactly what to do...blah.
June 24th, 2012 at 05:35am