First Entry Ever

Haha... It's probably the lamest title you could ever give to the first entry you could ever make for a blog, but I don't really care much about who reads this so I guess this how I'll start.

I joined Mibba in May. Why? I'm not really sure except that some online stories I read, the authors all moved to mibba. It's quite strange that by the time I made an account here, everyone was talking about this "new" mibba. But I wouldn't really know since I just came. But I learned a lot through checking out people's profiles. :) Yes, I was sort of snooping. But only because I read their story and I wanted to know how they were managing around Mibba.

Then I started my twilight Fanfiction, which only consisted of this minor character named Paul. Yes, I feel in love at first sight with Alex Meraz when I was watching New Moon. I personally am not much of a lover nor hater of Twilight. Sure, Kristen Stewart's acting was pretty horrible as Bella Swan, no offense. In the book too, I hated Bella Swan for leading on Jacob when she was dead on set to marry Edward Cullen. But all in all, Twilight sort of amused me because there were so much things that I would have liked to have changed if I was Stephanie Meyer. Anyway, why did I fall in love with Alex Meraz as Paul Lahote and not any other actor in Twilight?

First off, Edward Cullen or Robert Patterson wasn't my type. I mean he had a decent accent and since he is a Hollywood star, of course he's quite good-looking. But honestly, I didn't feel like joining in on the Team Edward people. Besides, it bugged me a bit that the guy could be way more handsome, beautiful, and sparkly than me. Also, I didn't feel like guilt tripping myself for liking a dude who is supposedly going out with Kristen Stewart in real life. There was just way too much gossip and news about him that I lost interest in anything to do to him or Edward Cullen.

Regarding Jacob Black or Taylor Lautner, I didn't like him in Twilight. No offense to the guy, but I'm not really interested in guys with long hair. That's why when people started to make a Team Jacob from beginning of Twilight, I thought they were crazy. But then Taylor Lautner changed his look for New Moon. Now that was definitely hot. I personally think he had better six-packs than Robert Patterson. Maybe because he had a bit of color to them. But because Taylor Lautner/ Jacob Black got his new look in New Moon, everyone started to go for Team Jacob, which made me back away. I'm not too much of a dedicated fan girl.

Anyway, I didn't really feel like writing a fan-fic about the other vampires because they had their spouses or mates. As for the wolves, I once in a while thought about writing about Embry, but he was too much of a nice guy. I bet that if he existed in real life, his romance would go smoothly a baby's butt. Basically, it left me Paul. As I said before, when I was watching New Moon with my friends, I was gawking at Paul. I loved how much of an asshole he was to Bella and that temperamental part of him. Thus, I decided to ignore the fact that Paul had imprinted on Rachel and used him for my own entertainment.

Starting my Fanfiction story wasn't hard, I actually had the plot in my head for several days and just craved to type it all out on my computer. But there was this big question about perspectives. Sure it would be nice to know and read things through omniscient perspective (third person) because you would know both sides of a story through "he" and "she", but regarding the character's emotions and thoughts, I doubt I could really express them to their fullest. So I started out with my protagonist's perspective in first person. But every story has two sides. I placed myself in the readers' shoes and started wondering about Paul's views to the series of events occurring as my story proceeded. At first, I thought about adding snippets of Paul's perspective, just to tell the readers Paul's thoughts, but I soon realized that he and my protagonist are both stubborn, head-strong people and it would be slightly confusing to have both perspectives in one story. Thus, I decided to write my partial sequel.

Currently, I am writing two stories featuring Paul:

Crushed - which is in my protagonist's perspective

I'm Sorry I'm Bad - which is in Paul's perspective

It basically doesn't really matter which story you read because they still tell the same story in the end. But to me, I felt as though it was an achievement worthy enough to write about for the first entry of my "so called" blog.

I personally am not sure what'll you're supposed to do on a blog, but I've decided to use this as my updating site and also random rant site. I'll probably write I've updated so far and what not. I'll probably also write about my rants on how technology challenged I am. Which brings me to the question of... is there are good story layout manual? Hehe...

Feel free to comment if you wish. Just no offense comments which could be reported, etc.

CecileJ
June 26th, 2012 at 11:38pm