Some Contest Flaunting (Crying) || Continuing Nightmares

Blargh, as much as I love participating in Mibba, I can't help but get irritated with contest making. I love it to pieces, but it would be so much more fun if people actually joined.

I see billions of contests with the same type of material. Pictures, slash, bandfics. I mean, they're really fun and all, but I just can't help but get a little bored when there isn't anything else to sign up for. There are things that interest some and things that don't interest others. So making your own contest and see what comes up is a great idea to bring out new ideas.

Image

Tbh, Chan and I would gladly join our own contest if we could. That's how much faith we have in it. The challenges we made for it are truly epic. We have from mental illnesses in random periods of time, to awesome mismatched writing. We would so join if we weren't already judges.

It just sucks waiting around for people to join because at the end of the day, even if you have a good idea, it might not be welcomed by a huge crowd. I'm sure every contest maker has experienced this before. The hard part is the waiting.

The waiting for people to join. The waiting for people to turn in their stuff when deep in your heart you know that one fourth of them probably won't.

Image

I still hold high hopes for our contest. I do. I'm not an optimistic person. I'm a realistic. But I want to keep the hope up that it will be a success.

And in case you're curious about this contest, please head over here.

And if you're one of my many friends on Mibba who treasures my existence, you will join.

Image

By God, you will join.

---


In other news, I keep having amazingly disturbing dreams. Like disturbing.

I don't know if this has something to do with my increasing depression (probably does…), but every single night without fail, I dream some crazy shit.

I'm a girl who loves her horror. I hate watching scary movies, but I do love watching horror shows and animes. I am a huge fan even when it scares the bejesus out of me. And even better, I write horribly gore-tastic stories. But never in my nineteen years of life have I dreamt about any of my stories or shows. I've never been truly frightened to the point I don't sleep at night or if I do sleep, dream about those kinds of things.

Last night I dreamt I could travel back into the past and into the future. I would jump from side to side once I got a good handle on it. But when I traveled into the future, I was in my dad's old house, with my brother crying in my arms and a bunch of other little kids I once met and haven't thought about twice in my life. And in that house a person, it looked like a woman, was standing there with a gun. Right when I told my brother to run I got shot in the head.

Then a little after that dream ended another one started. I was running through the city I live in, with a knife at hand and all I could think about was, "Don't get killed, don't get killed, don't get killed." I soon enough found my aunt hung from a light pole.

Every single night for the past… three weeks it has been like this nonstop.

I don't wake up screaming or crying or anything. I just wake up a little freaked out.

I've had way more horrible dreams where I actually cannot move and cannot speak out of fright so these aren't too bad. But still.

I'm tired of dreaming of my own death.

I'm tired of dreaming of other people's death.

It's depressing to be quite honest.
June 30th, 2012 at 04:03am