10 Things My Writer Girlfriend Does That Drives Me Insane

I love my girlfriend. But when the writer comes out in her, there is a few things that she does that drives me insane. I have composed an amusing list of ten things that she does that I'm sure many writers do that drives me crazy:

1. When you're busy writing and the time passes without you realizing and you become forgetful. She does this alot. Of course, she's forgetful anyways, but I'll be texting her and I wonder why it's taking her an hour to reply and she responds back 'Oops! I forgot I was texting you!' because she was writing.

2.When you use me as your helpful crutch to get a plot going. It's not odd for her to ask me "If your wife was running around with your next door neighbor and you were semi-unstable, how would you kill her?" "Do you think Cole should stay with Hayden even if Hayden cheated?"

3. You become a grammar Nazi when I'm talking. "It's not me and Jesse, it's Jesse and I.

4. You become a grammar Nazi when I'm writing. "Why did you put a comma there? Why didn't you just start a new sentence? Your running two ideas together."

5. When you revise my poems you make me want to cry. Without doubt she'll find that one word that doesn't quiet rhyme with the rest of the poems. Yes, she is a helpful critic but I still have a huge ego. I'll be stubborn about her reading my poems.

6. When you get into character or blank off into outer space because you're thinking of your story. You know it. We all do it from time to time no matter what sort of writer you are. You're thinking of what'll sound better on paper and what will fit or what someone should look like.

7. You accuse Hollywood movies as being unoriginal. Yes. We know Hollywood movies make things completely unrealistic and unbelieve about 98.9% of the time. Especially those sappy romantic movies.

8. You encourage me to read certain stories with you. No baby. I will not read slash.

9. My computer goes dead because you were up all night with your characters. Inspiration is probably the most funniest things in the world. You have to get it when it happens or you'll loose it.

Most importantly, number ten:

10. You forget to log off your Mibba account when you're using my laptop!
July 1st, 2012 at 01:32am