Fifty Shades of What?

I honestly, truly do no understand how someone can read Fifty Shades of Grey in it's entirety and think to themselves, "This is a damn good book!" Just.. WHAT?!

On Thursday, I had about an hour and a half between clients so I was like, "Eh, I have time to kill. Let's see what this hype is about." So I started reading it and let's just say that I didn't even make it a quarter through the first chapter before I felt like stabbing myself in the eyes would be better than reading it. I seriously had to stop when I reached the part where she arrived at the office building because the writing is just... not good. I've seen people say the author had a good idea for a story but I just can't get past the awful writing to see it. I just can't.

Also, I saw this on Tumblr along with other lines from the book of her referring to her vagina as such. "His finger slips through the fine lace and slowly circles around me… there."

HOW DOES THAT GET YOU OFF?! I don't get it.

Thankfully, I didn't waste any money on this book or else I'd be super pissed. And heaven knows that I'm not the best writer out there but I now have faith that I can one day get published and have a bestselling novel.

-x-

I've been M.I.A from Mibba a lot lately, not that any of you noticed, and I have no reason. Aside from work and enjoying my days off by the pool or at the beach, nothing is going on. My love life is a dud because boys don't like me, ever. Although, I do have a good story about a level ten creeper but that's for another day.

I just want to get through this week. Spider-man comes out Tuesday, which I'm wicked excited about, and 4th of July is Wednesday which means party at my house that will result in me drinking all day. Thankfully, I took Thursday off of work so who cares if I wake up still drunk the next day? Not me. In fact, here's hoping.

Also, I just want to see Magic Mike already and I would also like Alex Pettyfer in my bed so I can introduce his penis to my vagina. And my vagina to his mouth. And his mouth to every part of my body. Is that too much?

Whatevs.

Image
July 1st, 2012 at 05:42am