Trouble in Writing Paradise

Oh gosh, I'm such a terrible person. I can never dedicate myself to anything. Would you like to know why this is relevant? No, of course you don't, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I believe it was my first blog entry that I said I would write a lot this summer. I don't think that's going to happen, as per usual. I had said I was going to do the Thirty Letters challenge and that's definitely not happening; I don't think it's worth it so I'm crossing it off my list of things I said I was going to do. I have also decided to completely throw out Second Chance. I don't think I'm going to get around to finishing the story, ever. I'm just not interested in it anymore. It's not worth writing and I'm really turned off from writing tragedy lately – Intertwined doesn't count, folks! – so writing it is a really big no-no. I also can't seem to get around to writing anything for Flawed which is driving me crazy. I just never know how to write it and what comes next. I really need to sit down and plan the story out but I can't seem to do that.

That leaves Intertwined or as many of you know it: Down Into The Lake. I am kind of freaking out about this story. I'm not sure where this story is going. I'm not even sure what I want the end to be. I have a couple chapters planned out, naturally, but they're just new things that are occurring. I know that this story is a romance but I feel like everything in the first three (or technically two) chapters have already been way too fast-paced. I mean, I feel like everything happened too quickly. I'm really not sure. Therefore, it might be a little while before I consider updating Intertwined. I have so much writing and changing to do before I'm even satisfied. I'm just feeling like this story isn't good enough nor will there be much of a plot. I have no idea. I just really need help wrapping my mind around it.

Maybe I could make it so Poseidon and Cordelia have many obstacles to overcome before they can be truly happy? I'm not sure. If someone's reading this, I would appreciate your opinion more than you could ever know.
July 2nd, 2012 at 02:14am