She Mourns and I'm Not Allowed To.

So, I'm super bored. I want to write in my diary, but we just got our carpets done. :( They're still wet.

Anyway, what I wanted to talk about is a friend of mine. So that nobody threatens to hurt her, let's call her Bailey.

Bailey came over yesterday, and we had a blast. (Other than the fact that she went through all of my stuff!) Bailey's always a lot of fun to be around. She's one of my best friends.

When she first got there we sat in my room, and just hung out. We talked, played games on our DS/DSi's, and watched TV. My mom has season 6 and 7 of Friends, which Bailey is a huge fan of, so I borrowed the DVDs and played them on my TV for her (even though we barely paid attention). After a couple of minutes of discussion, we decided to grab some snacks and play the Wii. We played a couple of games. Next, we had dinner. Little Caesar's pizza and their famous Crazy Bread. :) Delicious. We ate up in my room, and watched Friends. Then we took my dog, Fluffy, on a short walk around the court I live in. After that we went back upstairs to talk some more. (It's amazing how much two girls can talk.) We stayed up in my room until we heard the fireworks. Then we scurried down stairs and watched them for a couple of minutes. (During which time Bailey held my sister's cat, Tipsy, who bit her. He didn't break skin, but she complain of pain in her arm. I gave her some ibuprofin.) Then we scurried back upstairs to watch Friends before falling asleep.

In the morning, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. :) (They were delicious also.) Then we went back up to my room, played DS/DSi's, talked, and danced to some party music. We did that until her mother came to pick her up.

This, our friendly gathering, was not what I wanted to discuss with y'all, though.

Last December, my grandpa died. The next month, Bailey's grandmother passed away.

The only reason I bring this up is because Bailey had completely denied me any sympathy when I finally confessed to her that my grandpa passed away, but expected me to treat her delicately and with compassion.

You would think that with our grandparents moving on so close to each other that we'd mourn together like true friends, but that wasn't the case. Bailey expected all sympathy to go to her, and none toward me.

This to me seems unfair and selfish.

Tell me, how can anybody constantly bring that up every time something doesn't go her way and expect everyone to bend over backwards to satisfy her desires?

Bailey is, to put it bluntly, a brat.

I know that it is harsh of me to say such a thing about such a sweet friend of mine, but it really bothered me how she ignored my mourning as if nobody had ever passed away.

It doesn't matter what I think, anyway. I'll be going to high school, and Bailey will be left behind in middle school.

Well, I better go before I further say something I may regret later.
July 2nd, 2012 at 08:38pm