I Gotta Story... Will Mibba Appreaciate It?

So, there is this story that I've been writing since roughly around the beginning of second semester of my 12th grade (2012) year. I was inspired to write it because of a book that I adore called The Color Purple is a book of a woman named Celie who has issues with the men in her life. There are also caricatures of other roles in society during that time and place.

My story is called The Girl in the Window and I'm debating whether I should post it on mibba or not. Why? I have four main reasons.

1. Mibba is populated mostly by white females. I am a black female. Why does that matter? Because for one thing, the targeted crowd in the story is African Americans. I write nothing but African American literature because that's what I know best. However, most of the story genres on here (from what I've noticed) are fan-fictions with white people in it, love stories, and/or slashes. My story is very different.

2. This story is controversial and can also be stereotypical but in a broader spectrum. The point of the story is to have caricatures of every black person in black communities that I've ever come across. That means the people outside of the obvious stereotypical black person (drugdealer, watermelon eating, kool-aid drinking, rap music listening dropout), no. These are people that many people don't always see unless they live in the society. That includes the extreme Christians; the white boy; the self hater; the ignorant music listener; the ignorant; the African; the "ho" (man and/or woman, I don't do double standards); the abused (either verbal or physical); the outcast; the gold digger, and many more. All of this in the eyes of one person, like how me living around a lot of black people and my observations on them are from the eyes of me.

3. I toy with religion a little, and sexuality. Although that's not a big deal on this site, the way I toy with sexuality might offend some people because of my personal views on sexuality. But that all depends on how easily offended you are.

4. So far this is the most important piece of work I've started and I fear plagiarism. I don't have any rights to this story and right now, it's nothing but words online. I might die if someone steals this story because... well actually... I have good proof that it's mine, but I still fear it.

So what do you all think? Post or no post? I need a good number of answers for this one but I don't want to bother anyone about it. Please, help me out.
July 3rd, 2012 at 01:02am