Day 8. happy 236th bday america, but you suck at science- love europe

it's july 4 over here in the states, and boy can i tell you there are so many warnings out there it sounds like cars at a traffic intersection. there is always of course the weather, being the 5th straight day in the row being in the 100's (we should get a prize for that), as well as warnings for fireworks. it's amazing how desperate we can be to keep each other safe, there is now a 2,000.00 reward for snitching out on your neighbors if you tip the police off. what would the cops think about you? that's easy, you're just a greedy bastard.
moving on to things that matter, mainly me, i am proud to announce that my baby garden is doing well! a bit too well in this heat and drought like conditions. like my eggplants produced 4 in one go round and have like 5 coming up in a few days. that's a lot of eggplant dishes i do not know.
and tomatoes, oh, my, god. what was once a little shrub about a foot off the ground, is not a 6 foot monstrosity, and still shows signs of growing. however, i suspect if it stops growing then it can give me the 40 tomatoes i counted that are growing on it's vine. again, there are more vegetables than recipes with them that i know.
oh! the latest scoop of what i've done so far, cried over not being able to play guitar enough. actually i called my friend and cried to him about it, and he told me to be a man about it. so i went and picked up my trusty violin and wailed on it for a good 3 hours non-stop. i know i'm out of shape because my back and arms are sore. at the very least i feel better about myself.
just recently i stumbled upon a friends blog that she uses to run her jewerly shop and i decided to try making some of those things myself, so i picked up an old package of beads, and bought some earring hooks and did my best to make earrings, and they turned out pretty good if i do say so myself. pictures will soon follow.
sorry for the bored post, i have nothing better to do with myself. hopefully, i can post some beautiful pictures that i took in my boredom.
have a great american day, keep the internet free and open!
July 5th, 2012 at 03:06am