Sitting With The Elders

Okay so it's Thursday July 5th. Day after my great aunts 44th b-day and I’m still winding down from the party. It was a crazy party, full of drunks and cake and 13 different kinds of potato salad. I've developed some kind of cough, well it feels like there's a lump in my throat. Damn those drunks and their germs.

But now my mother has gotten a job (yay for not being ridiculously poor anymore), and she's gone all day. My dad went with her. And my grandmother, who lives about 200 yards from our backdoor, has gone somewhere, therefore leaving me, my older brother, and my younger sister alone on the 35 acres we live on.

Well of course that's not true, there's two quite elderly people over at my grandmother's house.

SO, with my great g-pa living with her, he's 95 and calls everyone fat on his good days, I have to sit over here and make sure he doesn't die.

Oh and my g-ma's 79 year old Korean friend is here too. So I get to sit here, watch her make rice, and feed the old man peanut butter and jelly with apples all while having the time to spew out a random blog entry to strangers!

It's a wonderful life indeed I say. And at least Meeja makes some awesome Korean food.

And with that, I’m off to go work on some writing contest entries I have yet to be inspired to write, and another chapter in Rocks Painted Gold. Which I have yet to plan out correctly and therefore I don't think I’ll get that done today.
July 5th, 2012 at 07:03pm