Somewhere I Saved Someone's Life

I'm itching to donate blood again. I thought I'd have to wait a year because I got my ear pierced back in March and a year is eight months away from now, but I just checked the regulations of the American Red Cross Association and I don't have to! Wish I would have known that back in April when there was another blood drive. The regulations say that recent body and ear piercings can be deferred if they were done with a sterile, one-use needle. I saw my piercer take the needle out of a new package and everything.

Last year was the first time I had ever given blood for someone else's benefit and not because a doctor told me I had to, I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it made me tired and a bit dizzy. My friends and I went to Kroger and WalMart right after the first time, I rode in the buggies but ended up having to miss dinner that night because I was so tired. Then the second time I snuck out of the holding room afterwards, this nurse lady was watching me like a hawk, so I could grab a quick lunch before my next class. I had given blood fifteen minutes before my Medical Ethics class! Apparently I wasn't supposed to though, but what can I say? I'm a die-hard rebel (: and I had a quiz I couldn't miss. I also happen to be a busy-body and can't stay still for long twiddling my thumbs.

I wonder if someone can be addicted to donating blood? Is it weird to like donating blood? I don't know, I just know it makes me feel like a good person, like I'm helping someone out there and making a difference in their life.
July 6th, 2012 at 08:55am