"Scream Me a Dream" on paper and the overwhelming feelings that followed.

So months ago, seven to be exact, when I finished "Scream Me a Dream" a friend of mine sent me a Word doc, with Scream in it's entirety. This isn't odd as for the most part the few fics that I've completed and aren't one-shots are very much like this. All the chapters separate the way I've written them, then a separate .doc with the full story.

"Scream Me a Dream" all 126 chapters of it (and nearly 1700 pages), is my longest to date and also one of the few of the many fics that I've started that I've actually finished. It was the first story, that for once I didn't just have the start and finish of the story in my head, but the whole thing plotted out. It was the first time I'd actually sat down and wrote out a time line for the story and the first time that I stayed true to the character profiles that I had created.

I am so proud of this story, and so amazed by the response it got and still gets. So when my friend Emily posted on twitter that she had printed out the near 1700 pages of "Scream" it made me smile, because fuck it all I liked the idea of my story being on paper. It wasn't until I saw the pictures a couple of hours ago at work that I quite literally felt overwhelmed.

Emily claimed I was flattered, but that's not the right word for it. Flattered is what I feel whenever I see someone comment on either "Scream" or "Slow"(humbled as well). Overwhelmed when I saw the pics was definitely a good word for what i felt. Here are the pics:

Image

and

Image

Just seeing it like this, it quite literally just made my heart stop. It's amazing to see a fic that I had worked so hard on like this. If I had any doubts of someday writing a book and finding someone who would be willing to publish it, they were erased tonight. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life, and that excites me. I had something I was working towards and now i feel like it just...it's firm you know? It's not like i'm going to lose interest, I'm not going to change my major half way though and say, "no I think I'm better suited in doing this". I want to write. I need to write and this makes me so incredibly happy.

So thanks Emily for printing it out for me, and thanks to you guys who have been the support system in reading and commenting on 'scream' and 'slow'. I know I say it nearly every time I post a chapter, but you guys have no no no idea how much it means to me when you say you enjoy my writing...and I hope now you do. :)

-Kassandra
July 7th, 2012 at 08:37am