Sailor Moon 2013

Sailor Moon is being remade into an anime.

When I first saw this I literally stopped breathing for a few seconds out of pure excitement. I have been a die-hard Sailor Moon fan/Moonie since I was a little girl and the dub came on Cartoon Network. In fact, this was my first anime and because of that I hold it near and dear to my heart for that. I'm not sure if that's something all otakus do with their first anime, but I do.
Does this sound cheesy? Yes. Do I care? No.

There isn't much information on the remake yet, just that there won't be fillers, that it is comming out (in Japan) some time in the summer of next year, and that at some point it will be distributed internationally. Oh, and the new opening theme has been released. I know that I will be doing every legal thing I can think of to watch it short of learning Japanese and moving there, but only because it isn't practical.

I don't know if this is going to excite anyone else, but I know this is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. This is right up there with the pending Flash movie from DC and the epicness that was Chris Even's ass The Avengers.
Oh yeah, getting my nerd priorities straight! WHAT!
July 7th, 2012 at 06:12pm