DO I HAVE TO GROW UP?!?!?

Well, isn't this exciting. Today, I've just visited the college of my dreams, Cleveland State University. It seems perfect in every way, even to my parents. Affordable, close by, safe, steady social life opportunities available, and not to mention the great academic programs. I love it, I really do. Neve in my life have I been more sure about going somewhere for school. I have dreamed about this since I was 13 and just going into high school. The City of Cleveland has always been a distant fantasty until my Junior year. Now it is slowly becoming a reality. The question is, am I ready?
This will be the first time I am away from my family for more than a weeks time. The first time I will be alone in a town I barely know. Yes, I have been to Cleveland before, but only fleetingly and mostly to a doctor's office of some sort. Now I will be living downtown, as close to anything I could possibly dream about. I will have to buy my own food, do my own laundry, remind myself about homework and studying, and be watchful of anyone who wishes me harm.
This is a lot for someone that is used to a small town where nothing bad ever happens. Other than drugs and drinking and maybe some burglaries, nothing happens in my small town. Hardly ever a murder that's for sure. That would be terrible.
Truth be told I am both excited to start my life and scared to my very bones at the thought. I know in my heart that I can do it and somehow manage but I wish I could be full of this reassurance everyday. I wish I had the confidence that is required in this situation.
That is all for now I suppose. Hope everyone is having a good holiday. :)

Question of the Day
What college do you want to go to? Or do you already go to one? Do you have a profession picked out yet? I hope so. Let me know :)
July 8th, 2012 at 01:02am