Nanowrimo and Stuff

I have been so busy lately but I guess that's not a totally terrible thing. Yesterday we had our 4th of July picnic and my sister's 16th birthday all in one before we went out to see some fireworks. My sister was happy because she had Justin Bieber balloons and I got her a big One Direction book. I baked a dessert and helped cook and was running around trying to get everything ready. It was fun though once the party/picnic actually started. Here's the dessert I made. It was a big sugar cookie with cool whip on the top then blueberries and strawberries to make the American Flag. It was pretty good I think.

Image

I'm really busy with a lot of other stuff too. I'm trying to plan a trip to North Carolina to see some of my family there, deal with sick grandma and some stuff with the doctors, figure out how I can start learning to drive again (because my stepdad doesn't want me using our brand new car and no one else wants me to use their car because they have to pay for extra insurance if I use it since I'm under the age of 25- lame), and trying to enjoy the summer with my sisters, and keep up with regular stuff like chores and money, and also keep my relationship with my special someone going well. I actually wish everyone would stay out of my business. Everyone always wants to have an opinion on my relationships whether it's with my special someone or even with my father. Just let me handle things my own way. I know myself and the situations and these people better than everyone else so it's really none of their business.

So on to the Nanowrimo part of this journal. Another thing I'm busy with is my writers group. I'm supposed to be leading our next meeting in a couple days and they want me to talk about Nanowrimo. They think I'm an expert on it now since I've done two. I wrote a novel in November which I am still trying to get published and I just did one in June for Camp Nanowrimo. I am proud of myself because it was really hard work. I am also glad to have a little more free time in between novels now. The thing is, I'm not really sure what to say to my group about Nanowrimo. I know I should talk about what Nanowrimo is, how I did it, and some tips.

If you have any tips or anything you think I should say or want to share your experiance with Nanowrimo then that would be really helpful. Thank you.

PS- I hope I didn't break any of the new journal rules. I'm really scared of all of these new rules. I've been a member since 2007 so new mibba is a bit confusing to me still.
July 8th, 2012 at 06:00pm