I Guess we Drank Pina Coladas

I've always had a love for the rain, no matter how cliche that is. Well, for the past week it has been so hot outside you could literally cook an egg on the street, they did it on the news (of course, it took all day). So, tonight after work, I was glad it was raining, because tomorrow it will finally cool off some. My man came and picked me up after I was done, because of my lack of gas money. The closer we got to the edge of town, the harder the rain started to come down.
So, when it turned into a torrential downpour we pulled off into this old abandoned gas station that is up on a hill. His car is not really safe to drive down a road that is rapidly turning into a river. Anyway, while we waited, I curled up into his lap and laid my head on his chest. The sound of his heart is so solid it makes me feel like I am really alive and hooked to earth. His hands, which are my favorite feature of his body, made small circles on my back and sides. I wanted to be closer to him, it's almost like I want to become a part of him.
So we both held each other so tight it almost hurt, but not quite. And in his arms, as we stared into each other's eyes and our lips connected, I felt complete. Now, I have no doubt in my mind where our relationship is headed anymore. In his eyes I could see all the love in my own, reflected. And for once, I believed him when he told me that he loved me as much as I love him.
This reassurance was better than the love we make. The way he held me and kissed me was better than any orgasm. Lately, I have been feeling like we've been falling apart. But tonight, after the urgency in his lips, the love in his eyes and the emotion in the way he proclaimed his love for me; I have no doubt.
July 9th, 2012 at 06:00am