It's Been Such a Long Time, Mibba! MGMT Concert Experience

Hello, hello, hello!

So, um.... Hmmmm. I miss it here! I miss reading stories online, and the people on here...

I haven't changed too much in the past year. I'm still overweight, but I've been trying to lose it. I've actually lost 10 pounds since I started this new eating plan. So, yeah! Hope it works out for me..

One of my main hobbies now, other than music, is tie-dye. I've tie-dyed about 20 shirts so far this year. It's really fun because it's wearable art!

Oh, a big thing that happened is that I changed schools this past year. I really like my new school. It is literally brand new, only a baby really; 3 years old! The school's colors are blue and orange, which are my favorite colors. Haha.

This past summer, I went camping and I also went to an MGMT concert in the woods at the Henry Miller Library in Big Sur, CA. It was truly a magical experience. The stage was only a foot off the ground, and the front row was literally able to sit on the stage with them, including me! It was just so intimate and beautiful. The crowd just closed their eyes and really got into the music. That was the best concert I've ever been to- ever! Plus it didn't hurt that I got to meet James Richardson and Matt Asti!! They were so nice to me, they asked me my name, shook my hand. We talked about playing music, they told me that my shirt was amazing! They even agreed to take a quick photo! Oh yeah, my shirt! I painted the cover of their sophmore album "Congratulations" on a plain white tee. It took me days to draw it by hand on the shirt, then I had to paint it by hand as well. It was so worth it though because Matt really loved it, he was like staring at it. Omg, I still want to share so much more about the night! Haha.. So! During the performance, I looked around at all the band members, nodding my head, getting into the music and stuff, but I felt someone's eyes on me. It was Will! I'm not even kidding... He was staring into my eyes throughout the whole show! I swear! It was a weird stare, I couldn't exactly figure out what it meant, or what he was trying to say.. Maybe I was his focal point so he could concentrate, maybe he had remembered me from last summer, who knows? All I know is that he was most definitely staring into my eyes intensely. I didn't want to smile at him either... I was kind of frightened to tell you the truth. I would just stare right back into his eyes for a sec with a blank expression on my face then I would try to look behind Ben for Matt. I wanted to see what Matt was doing on his bass, since I'm a bass player myself. Oh man, it was such a great experience... :)

Thanks for reading!
July 10th, 2012 at 04:46am