Heated. I just got fired.

I'm fucking heated. I just got fired! I work at a small, organic, earthy crunchy grocery store, connected to Starbucks. I've been there for a while, well over a year, and this is the first time I got into serious trouble, and it gets me fired.

I was stocking the shelves when my manager asked me to do carriages because the kid who was doing them was on break. I'm out there for five minutes, and while the parking lot is small, people are stupid as fuck and don't look. I went to the stall where people are supposed to leave the carriages when they're done with them, and, as usual, there are none there. They're all scattered about the parking lot. So I grabbed the closest one, and when I was walking back to the front of the store, this shithead starts the car as I'm right behind it, and starts backing out of the fucking spot.

They could NOT have had time to even look behind them. It scared the shit out of me. I let go of the carriage and punched the trunk of the car without thinking. It was a little Honda Civic, nothing great. The guy leaps out of the car and starts screaming in my face, "What is your problem, don't touch my car," etc, and I say, "You almost fucking HIT me!" and he bolts into the store, and the two damn seconds it took me to get inside, he's talking to the manager. He's screaming at them, saying I dented his car, I swore at him, I threatened him...I didn't leave any mark on his car, if anything, I fucked up my hand even MORE than it was already, and I did swear at him, and I didn't threaten him, as much as I wanted to.

The manager says they'll pay for any potential damage done to the car, and all this bullshit. He didn't even LOOK AT THE CAR, and he fucking fired me on the spot. I swear to god, so many people swear at customers and get suspended for a day, and I get fucking fired because someone almost backed their car into me.... My guardians are going to try and do something about it, but I doubt it will do anything. I did swear at them, and I guess that could be considered "threatening," but fuck it. I hated that place, anyway. I'm only worried about getting a new job now, because god knows they won't give a good word.
July 11th, 2012 at 05:12am