Serendipity

You know when a certain book, or movie, or just some random moment in life can change you in some way, distort the way you see things, if only for a little while? Like how Harry Potter, for me at the very least, makes me believe in magic and that there's always something being hidden from us muggles that we sometimes stumble upon but think nothing of. Or how we can read something and somehow see things from someone else's point of view; to get a new perspective on something we had our minds set on, and now that you've seen the other side, it makes you rethink things, get cold feet about your original proposal. Most of the time I get back into my normal way of thinking after a few hours or at most a few days. However, I still keep that experience in the back of my mind for a rainy day.

The movie Serendipity, one that I had seen when I was younger, but now as a 20 yr old female see it differently but in the same way all the same. I see a love story, just as before. I see two people happy at last, just as before. Now, I feel like everything happens for a reason, that nothing is an accident, but a sign that theres a different path waiting to be explored and that one simple thing can lead me where I'm supposed to be headed. I feel like a recent connection to someone that I know has importance to where I'm supposed to be. It makes me want to live life unplanned and to let it take the reins for a while and go whereever the horse leads the carriage, even if it is onto a dark road to an evil count who bites the necks of the innocent. I feel like that's how it should be, that's how I must learn from things, by experience. And if that experience leads me to my death, then that's where I was supposed to end up. It's a crazy feeling really.

This feeling even makes me create run-on sentences, something that I have strictly in my head forbidden, as a I have noticed while rereading. How long will it last? Who knows! Maybe I'll wake up and not even remember how it feels to just want to get up and go where my gut tells me to. To look back on the past and not feel sad, but happy that things happened, even though there were some sad endings. But alas, they happened for a reason and I have learned from them.

I'll post again to update on if this feeling has past. Until we meet again, Mibba.

-Ashley Nicole.
July 12th, 2012 at 10:50am