August 2, 1995 - April 10, 2012

Have you ever played one of those anime characters on facebook? Where you can act like them and roleplay chat with them on random scenarios?
I have and I can proudly say I was Misa Amane of Death Note. I wasn't just some girl who had spent most of her life on the computer and played with people I didn't know. I knew them all in one way or the other. The chat would go like this:
Someone would post something like "Matt Jeevas stepped out of the safety of his car and onto the hot pavement where he was greeted by dozens upon dozens of Japanese men with guns."
Then someone would comment what they wanted to happen from then on, even though the story beginning was like that of the real Death Note.
I first met Matty, who's real name was Ryan Naylor, in a chat similiar to that. I wanted to chat with him because he seemed so cool and nice and I liked him enough to maybe even date him though he lived in Saudi Arabia. There's more to that though. He was gay. I was disappointed for a few moments, but I was ok with it. I could be his friend and that love for him as a mate turned into a love for him as a person, more specifically, a friend.
Matty's parents weren't a big fan of his sexuality nor his boyfriend. He was the lowest child even though he was the eldest and while Mello's parents were ok with it, Matty's parents seemed to treat him with such disrespect. Even his little sister proded him about his sexuality.
I've always been such a big fan of two guys dating and kissing and loving each other, it was adorable and cute. I would hear so much about his boyfriend, Mello who's real name I'll never know. I'd greet those little stories with "awwwuh so cute" or "that's so sweet". Mello dragged Matty into stupid situations like them crashing their dirtbikes and getting hurt and I'd be worried to death, but they'd be fine.
After a while we started to drift apart and we'd talk only a few words, but we still kept in touch. Then one day I didn't even notice that he stopped coming online and he wasn't updating as usual. I didn't think much of it until one day I was bored and checked out his profile. There were dozens upon dozens of "Always Remembered" or "Rest In Peace." I soon found out that on April 10, my Matty was torn from this world in a vicious car accident. I cried and cried. I hadn't paid any attention to him or his absence. I was a horrible friend and to this day I blame myself for not being there for him.
I'm sorry Ryan Naylor, Matty, I loved you and still do. <3 Rest In Peace.
I'm trying to keep from crying so much, to be strong for Matty, but it's so hard to stop crying when you realize that your best friend was ripped from you.
I'm so sorry, Matty.
July 14th, 2012 at 12:55am