I Just Got A Copper I.U.D.

Yesterday I got a copper IUD inserted, and that was just fine and dandy. The doctor told me I might have pain for an hour to five hours after. Well it has been 24 hours, and I’m still experiencing the same amount of pain.

I’m losing my mind. I can’t do anything for it apparently. I’ve been popping Extra Strength Motren like candy since I left the clinic yesterday. I even took some before I went in, as was recommended by the doctor herself.

I looked it up online, to see if the pain is normal. Apparently it happens to quite a few people. Some worse than me. And it just makes me wonder where the fuck my doctor is getting her information from? Or is she just lying to everyone to make them feel better about it?

I personally would like to have been told upfront that it’s common to experience pain for lengths of time, not just a few hours. I’ve been really worried that something’s really wrong all morning. I’ve called my mum and I’ve called 811 –a nurse service. And the Nurse who spoke to me thinks that my pain is a little out of the ordinary, and I’m going to see someone tomorrow about it. Just to be sure it’s not serious, as I’m a diabetic.

Now I’m not saying that there aren’t lots of ladies out there who only have the one to five hours of pain after. And that’s wonderful; I wish I was so lucky. All I’m saying is, I just wish I knew that it’s a possibility that it could last longer, and perhaps some things to do if the pain does persist. I don’t think that’s too much to ask really.
July 14th, 2012 at 04:27pm