Inspired.

I’ve been inspired. I don’t really have an answer as to what has inspired me; everything, I suppose. Being in love for the first time, the stars and the moon, my best friend, watching a great women find happiness for the first time in a long time by falling in love all over again with the one who got away; maybe I was inspired by a new life, Riley Mae; maybe it’s the way I feel when he’s holding me so close to him and the way he whispers in my ear, “I love you,” just before he kisses me. Maybe it’s just life itself! Even though I find myself cursing at the fact that we live and breathe just to die, rather than celebrating that fact. Maybe I’ve found inspiration in new beginnings and tragic endings. Is it so weird to think that inspiration could come from a gentle kiss on the cheek, and a withering rose rested on a grave?

The cause of the inspiration isn't important anyhow. The real question is, What have i been inspired to do? I've dedicated myself to music and art (mostly music). What exactly does that mean? Honestly, i'm not so sure about that myself. I guess what i mean is that i want to know everything about music, and well, music and art kind of go hand and hand. I want to be able to drop names like Dave Grohl, Kurt Cobain, Patrick stump, Tre cool, and Travis Barker, and actually know what i'm talking about. I want to spend hours on end going through youtube watching interview after interview; i want to read biographies and autobiographies; I want to know anything and everything to do with music, music videos, cover art, photoshoots; I want to know the personalities behind the music, I want to know the stories behind the songs, the inspiration behind the albums. Music is my love, music inpires me every single day, i guess i just want to repay music by fully dedicating myself to actually knowing the music.
July 14th, 2012 at 10:10pm