Dream Journal Challenge #1: A holiday dream.

Last night was a relatively lucid dream, in which I remember making a few conscious decisions - I often dream like that, when i remember my dreams. Whether those are truly conscious choices or not, I'm unsure.
The dream was set in a family holiday with a group of other people we were unfamiliar with.

We go to a Blackpool style hotel in what looks like docklands area London(where we've stayed when visiting the UK capital, a few times). I don't get on with any of the other children and teens there. My Dad seems to continually want to give me money, or take me to do things.

The guy who plays the German commander in "Inglorious" is there - Christoph Waltz. I remember being consciously aware of his identity.
Over dinner discussing a piece of film he's making in Euope, he asks if anyone speaks Finnish. I break into conversational Finnish quickly, before a boy in the next room corrects me; I go to speak to him - he corrects my mistakes, but it is another child in the group and someone I dislike somehow.

My only retort is "don't patronise me."

After dinner we skip to morning, I'm being made to go on an excursion to an amusement park.
It's sunny and I'm wearing my red doc martens.
I somehow make friends with a girl who realises we follow one another on tumblr - "I'm con-crete" she explains - she is dressed like my brothers girlfriend.

I wake up to my alarm as she explains who the Finnish speaking boy is, and that he is lactose intolerant - a little like me. I can taste milk as I wake.

Also, while making breakfast I remembered an argument had in the dream with a middle aged blond woman, in which she disputed the need to protect our planet from pollution. Most prominently, I remember insulting her with the line "I bet you drink coca-cola, too!"
July 16th, 2012 at 10:53am