Looking for a British English Story Editor, and what's the difference between British English and American English?

Hi! So I’m writing a story call ‘If Life Was A Fairytale’ and basically it’s about the royal family. But that’s beside the point. My problem is that because this story is about a British family, I’m trying desperately to write in British English instead of American English. I am from Australia, and here (well at least where I live) we use the American English spelling of words but now I’m trying very hard to write in the British English spellings of words.

I know some differences in spelling of some words like: “mom” is “mum”, and “color” is “colour”, but can someone explain to me like all the different rules of writing in British English in contrast to the American English of writing.

Also, if it would be too much to ask, but I’m looking for like a British English story editor (if that makes any sense LOL) basically, I would really like to have a person added to the story, and would basically fix up any mistakes in my American English spelling to the proper British English spelling of words.

I also understand that there are some words that are in English that the British don’t speak like “bathroom” is “loo” but sadly, I don’t know any other words, and I would hope that the editor would please fix them up for me.

If you are interested in becoming my British English Editor, please comment on this journal or send me PM. I would add you as an author to the story and that way you can fix up any mistakes I made in spelling or otherwise. And hopefully you won’t delete my story or anything of that nature XD.

Thanks in advance! ♥
July 16th, 2012 at 04:35pm