Keeping Promises

I said I'd give you guys a preview of Till The End so with out further delay, voila!

4 months later


I heard knocking at my door. I thought maybe if I ignore it long enough it'll eventually go away. I didn't want to wake and escape the comforting warmth of bed. The knocking stopped and I fell back asleep momentarily.

"WAKE UP MY DARLIN'!" an all to familar high-pitch masculine voice with a southren drawl screamed "Get up!" Aaron yelled smacking me on the butt.

"OW!" I yelped

"Time to catch your flight!"

Damn, I forgot about that. It was a good thing I had already packed.

"C'mon, I got to get to work and you and Rue need to get your asses on that flight to LV" Aaron ripped the covers from me.

"What time is it?" I mumbled sitting up in bed.

Aaron ignored my question "Olivia Sanchez, have you been partying!?" he accusingly asked when he saw me in a mini dress under the covers.

"Last night yeah so what? I don't have to go work"

Aaron squinted and scoffed. He was jealous that I had the entire week off because Zola Lathen, our boss, bless her soul, let me after I had told her about my cousin Nason getting married and him wanting me stay a week in Las Vegas with him and his fiance' Ridley so I could get to know her. At first Zola was pretty reluctant but I told her how important my cousin was to me since I had to live with him for a year and a half after my parents died.

Aaron and I worked a tattoo place called The Inkshop. I'm an apprentice and Aaron is a receptionist. He likes to be called a secretory though as well as being called Aro sometimes.

"You do know your flight leaves in two hours. Where were you last night!?" He questioned

"It doesn't matter" I groaned getting up swinging my legs over the bed and rubbing my eyes remembering partying hard with some friends by the name Samie Jayden and Myca gardner in L.A.
"Wait, how did you get in here?"

"Rue and I got keys made to your lock" Aaron smiled

"What!? You didn't think you'd need to ask me first"

"It was all Rue's idea" he blamed

"Speaking of which, were is she?"

"Oh Rue? Downstairs making coffee"

"But I don't have a coffee maker"

"You do now!" I heard Rue exclaimed from downstairs

"Where is your suitcase?" Aaron asked, I pointed "Ok, where is the rest of your luggage?"

"That's it. I'll only be gone for seven days"

"That would hold seven days shoes, maybe." He rolled his eyes. Aaron could be quite the diva "If I look in your suitcase I better not find seven tanks and seven pairs of shorts and flip flops"

He poked fun but he means well. Until recently tanks and shorts is what my wardrobe consisted of because I've lived in the deserts of Nevada, the sourcing heat of Florida and now currently Hollywood, California. Everywhere I lived the weather was always ridiculously hot so it only made sense I own clothes like I did. Aaron totally rebulit my wardrobe although we did bumb heads at times because he loves heels, some heels most strippers wouldn't even wear, and I enjoyed wearing flip flops. Our happy medium was wedges.

"I packed skirts and dresses" I lied, honestly knowing I had hid a pair of shorts and flip flops at the bottom of my suitcase just incase he checked.

In case you are wondering, which I know you are, Aaron is my fabulous androgenous friend.

"Fine I trust you," Aaron picked up my one suitcase "I'm putting your lugage in the car. Hurry up!"

Rubbed my hungover eyes. Maybe going to that party wasn't the best idea but since Ronnie, my boyfriend, has been on tour the last three months I've been kind of lonely living by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love living by myself and it was my choice to do so. Before living were I do now I room mated with Rue and Aaron. Before that I moved around way to much, I lost a since of home so I got a place of my own.

"Good morning sunshine!" My red headed friend Rue greeted me as I decended. She was such a morning person. It made me jealous sometimes how even with a hangover she could be so cheerful all the time. I waved "Drink this. I made it for you" she offered.

"No thanks, I don't drink coffee"

"I know. It's tea"

"Thank you Rue" I happliy took the black ceramic mug from her hands.

"No, thank you! I can't believe I'm going to Las Vegas for a whole week! I always wanted to go but I'm only 19 so I don't really have a reason"

Rue and I are the same age. Aaron is a year older.

"I'm happy to take you along. I miss LV. It was fun while I lived there" I took a sip of my tea "I'm going to take a quick shower before we go"

Rue nodded letting me walk past her. I quickly took a shower and walked back up stairs to my loft were I put on a pair of sweats and a tank top when I remembered Aaron was here and he'd condemned if saw me wear this. Groaning, I put on a skirt and a cardigan over my tank.

Pick up the phone! Answer your texts... my cell ringed, Ronnie face was on my screen

"Hey Ronald," I answered,

"Morning Olivia" he sounded a tad bit sleepy. Like myself Ronnie also wasn't a morning person. But that was ok because I enjoyed hearing his sleepy voice during our morning calls "How are you?"

"I was just about to leave for the airport with Rue and Aro" I told him "you?"

"I have good and some bad news" he said sounding disappointed

"What's the bad?" I questioned walking around my loft. I had a habit of walking while I'm talking on the phone, no idea were it came from.

"Some of my shows have canceled" he sighed

"Thats horrible! I'm sorry" I frowned

"The good news is that it means this tour will end on thursday and I think we'll be able to make it to Nason's wedding"

I sat down on my bed and crossed my legs "That's amazing! Well, not that you shows got canceled it just I miss you"

"We will see each other again" Ronnie had said with so much hope it lifted me up emotionally "I love you" he said

I ran my fingers across my ankle tattoo with RJR on it "I love you too"

End of preview

& so now would be an ideal time to pre-subscribe to Till The End I added characters as well.

Expect this story to go full swing in August!

So while you lovelies wait comment on this blog & tell me what you think.

Sincerely yours, Blacklisted Me.
July 16th, 2012 at 06:10pm